ABOUT DERMAL FILLERS
Dermal fillers are popular treatments for wrinkles and facial lines. A dermal filler procedure helps to 'fill out' and smooth away troublesome:
- Nose to Mouth Grooves
- Forehead Lines
- Frown Furrows
- Lipstick Lines
- Acne Pits
- Crows Feet
Dermal fillers are also effective for increasing fullness to narrow lips, enhancing sunken cheeks and can even be used to contour the bridge of the nose.
Benefits of Dermal Fillers
- Dermal Filler treatments offer patients a wide range of benefits, including a more youthful appearance.
- This treatment can be used to fill minor to moderate lines and wrinkles and is especially effective around the eyes, nose, and mouth.
- When used as a lip enhancement product, it can lend volume and definition to lips, producing a sensual, more pronounced pout.
- The treatment can be tailored to your needs providing a natural look.
- The treatment is non-invasive with virtually no recovery time necessary; you can resume your normal activities immediately after treatment.
- Not permanent and will naturally break down.
- Technologically advanced man made fillers (such as Restylane and Teosyal) are animal-free and they require no test prior to treatment, whereas approx 2-3% of people have an allergic reaction to collagen and as such we carry out a 28-day skin test, prior to any collagen treatment.
Fillers - Is it Right for me?
Dermal fillers are an ideal treatment for anyone who has concerns about their lines or furrows from the nose to mouth area, 'crows feet', lines around the eyes, or lines around the mouth. Many patients also choose to have this treatment to plump up thin lips, restoring a nice youthful look.
Patients who would like to redefine and soften the contours of their face also turn to dermal fillers as the results are so natural and subtle.
Collagen is a natural protein that is the main constituent of skin, bones, muscles and ligaments. Over time, our collagen cells which provide the structural support, resilience and shape to the skin, reduce in number which causes the skin to lose elasticity allowing fine lines and wrinkles to develop.
Collagen Replacement Therapy using dermal fillers makes it possible to temporarily suspend and even reverse the signs of ageing. Following treatment, wrinkles are markedly and visibly reduced and lines in the skin, repaired. The suppleness, elasticity and tone of the skin is naturally restored, with immediately visible results.
What happens when I have my treatment?
PRIOR TO A DERMAL FILLERS TREATMENT
Prior to any dermal filler treatment, a mild anaesthetic cream is applied to the treatment area for your comfort. The dermal filler is then injected into the skin beneath the wrinkle with a very fine needle. The doctor may suggest that you have a small injection to numb the area prior to the filler injections.
FOLLOWING A DERMAL FILLERS TREATMENT
A dermal fillers treatment can be very quick and effective and have a minimal impact on your time. It takes 20-40 minutes depending on the number of lines and wrinkles treated. Make-up can be applied immediately after a dermal filler treatment and you can go straight back to your daily routine. It is common to have some redness and swelling following the treatment, although this usually resolves after a few hours and the results can be seen instantly.
HOW LONG WILL A DERMAL FILLERS TREATMENT LAST?
You will probably not need to have another treatment for around 4 - 6 months. Your fully qualified doctor will advise you to return to the clinic after a couple of weeks to see how you are getting on and whether you need to have some more filler injected to achieve the optimum result.
A great advantage of dermal filler treatments is that they are long-lasting, but not permanent, which gives you the option to reassess your needs, once the initial effects have worn off.
Things to Consider
It's essential that you consult a doctor prior to your treatment that it can be tailor-made treatment. Your doctor will be able to advise you on the treatment plan which is most suitable for you to achieve your desired results. Your doctor will run through all of this information in thorough detail with you at your consultation and will assess your suitability for this treatment.