ABOUT BREAST UPLIFT
Childbirth, age and significant weight loss can all take their toll on women's bodies - in particular with breasts - for many women breast uplift surgery can offer a way to regain their body confidence. Breast uplift surgery can be combined with breast augmentation surgery
to give you fuller breasts and correcting their position on the body. If you have found that your breasts have lost their fullness and are not as supported as you would like them to be, breast uplift surgery could be the solution.
Benefits of having Breast Lift Surgery
- Increased self-confidence and self-esteem
- Ability to wear tops without a bra
- Enables you to feel more feminine and attractive
- Rejuvenation of the breasts
The Procedure for Breast Lift Surgery
Breast uplift surgery works by making an incision on each breast, the skin is then lifted and stitched in its new position and excess skin removed. The nipples will then be removed and repositioned to ensure that your newly positioned breasts look as natural as possible. If there is a lack of natural breast tissue and you are looking for a fuller effect, your surgeon may recommend that you combine the procedure with breast augmentation
, which involves inserting breast implants to add fullness to the breasts.
Is Breast Lift Surgery right for me?
CHOOSING TO HAVE BREAST UPLIFT SURGERY
There are many reasons why people choose to have breast uplift (mastopexy) surgery:
- The breasts are no longer firm and pert, making it difficult to wear clothes without the support of a bra
- Following pregnancy and breast feeding, the breast becomes flatter and 'empty' looking
- Substantial weight loss from dieting can leave the breast deflated and with a lot of loose skin
- Ageing skin loses elasticity and can cause sagging to the breasts. If this happens prematurely it may reduce self-confidence both in and out of clothes
WHO SHOULD HAVE A BREAST UPLIFT
The final decision will be made between you and your Cosmetic Surgeon. The procedure is most suitable for those patients who feel self-conscious due to their breasts having excess skin and appear deflated from weight loss, ageing or pregnancy
Things To Consider
It is important that your decision to have a Cosmetic Surgery procedure is considered carefully. There are many points that should be considered before deciding to have any type of Cosmetic Treatment or Surgery.
There are also some possible risks, as with all surgical operations, which your Cosmetic Surgeon will talk through and explain to you at your consultation, answering any questions you may have. This is your opportunity to discuss your intended surgery in order that the Cosmetic Surgeon can ascertain your expectations as to what can realistically be achieved.
Every Cosmetic Surgeon who performs breast uplift (mastopexy) procedures for Charme Polyclinic belongs to a relevant professional organisation, is fully accredited to practice Plastic Surgery, and has specific training and experience in Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
Our nurses advise you consider the following things before your surgery:
- Child care and post surgery activities including sleeping arrangements
- Have necessary post-operative garments
- How long will the effects of treatment keep me away from my usual activities?
- At what stage will I be able to judge the results of treatment?
- How long do the results last?
- When can I return to work?