ABOUT BROW LIFT SURGERY FOR MENIt is not uncommon for the skin above our eyes to start to droop as we get older, causing what is often referred to as the hood effect, and this make eyes look tired and the face look old. Brow lift surgery is a simple procedure carried out to lift the area directly above the eye, opening up the eye area and making the face look younger. It involves lifting the brow itself and tightening the muscles which have been stretched over time, as well as tightening any loose skin in the area and reducing excess fatty tissue. While brow lift surgery is often performed for purely cosmetic reasons, drooping brows and upper eye lids can affect vision in the most extreme of cases and this can be a quick and simple way to rectify the situation.
Benefits of having Brow Lift Surgery
- Increased overall self-confidence
- Increased self-esteem
- Look more youthful and rejuvenated
- Correct the asymmetry of the forehead and eyebrows
Facts about Brow Lift Surgery
- More and more men are having brow lift surgery.
- This procedure requires an overnight stay in hospital.
- 2 different types of Brow lift Surgery (Open Brow Lift and Endoscopic Brow lift).
- Brow lift procedure can be combined with other surgical procedures, particularly eye bag removal surgery.
The Procedure for Brow Lift Surgery
- The surgery consists in raising the brows and lifting the eyelids giving a more open, brighter fresh look.
- The operation is performed under general anaesthetic and normally takes 1½ -2 hours to complete.
- There are 2 types of brow lifts procedure, Open and Endoscopic./li>
- The technique used depends on your facial structure, skin condition and also on the hairline.
Open Brow Lift
- An incision is made from ear to ear, either along or slightly behind the natural hairline.
- If the hairline is very high, for instance in men with receding hair, the incision can be hidden within the forehead creases.
- The forehead skin is teased away from the underlying tissues and the muscles reduced or released. Eyebrows are lifted.
- The incision is then either stitched or clipped.
- This operation normally takes 1½ hour to complete.
Endoscopic Brow Lift
- This procedure is more refined than the open brow lift.
- Between 3 to 5 small incisions, less than 2.5cm long are made in the scalp.
- The surgeon inspects the underlying tissues using an endoscope which is a small flexible tube with a tiny camera at one end - inserted into one of the incisions.
- Muscles are then removed and tightened. The eyebrows are lifted and held in place with stitches, or temporary screws behind the hairline. The incisions are either stitched or clipped.
- This operation normally takes 2 hours to complete.
Is Brow Lift Surgery right for me?CHOOSING TO HAVE BROW LIFT SURGERY
There are many reasons why people choose to have brow lift surgery:
- Drooping eyebrows giving the face a tired or sad appearance and making you look older
- Severe cases of drooping brows can affect vision
- Fleshy brow or one that is naturally lined which sometimes gives the face an overly severe or aggressive look
- To look more youthful and attractive
The final decision will be made between you and your Cosmetic Surgeon. The procedure is most suitable for those patients with a drooping brow causing a hooded effect which in extreme examples may affect vision
Things To ConsiderIt is important that your decision to have a Cosmetic Surgery procedure is considered carefully. There are many points that should be considered before deciding to have any type of Cosmetic Treatment or Surgery.
There are also some possible risks, as with all surgical operations, which your Cosmetic Surgeon will talk through & explain to you at your consultation, answering any questions you may have. This is your opportunity to discuss your intended surgery in order that the Cosmetic Surgeon can ascertain your expectations as to what can realistically be achieved.
Every Cosmetic Surgeon who performs brow lift procedures for Charme Polyclinic belongs to a relevant professional organization, is fully accredited to practice Plastic Surgery, and has specific training and experience in Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
Our nurses advise you consider the following things before your surgery:
- Child care and post surgery activities including sleeping arrangements
- Have necessary post-operative garments
- How long will the effects of treatment keep me away from my usual activities?
- At what stage will I be able to judge the results of treatment?
- How long do the results last?
- When can I return to work?