ABOUT EYE BAG REMOVAL FOR MEN
Getting older can take its toll on the appearance, particularly to the skin around the eyes which can become loose and wrinkled, start to sag, and make the eyes look tired, adding years to the face. Eye bag removal surgery helps to restore youthfulness to the face; despite the name this procedure covers surgery to remove excess skin and fatty tissue from above the eye, removing the hood of skin which can develop as we get older. It can also be used to remove excess fatty tissue and skin from underneath the eyes, and smooth wrinkles to corners of the eyes, often known as crow’s feet.
BENEFITS OF HAVING EYE BAG REMOVAL (BLEPHAROPLASTY) SURGERY
- Increased overall self-confidence and self-esteem
- Take away that 'tired look'
- Correct premature ageing
- Improved appearance/Look younger
- Improved vision in some cases
FACTS ABOUT EYE BAG REMOVAL
- One of the easiest and most popular procedures for men to reverse the sign of ageing.
- The upper and lower lids can be operated on either together or separately
- The surgery usually takes between 1 to 3 hours to complete.
- The incisions are made so close to the eye lid that they are hardly noticeable under your eyelashes.
- Stitches are normally removed 3 to 7 days after surgery.
- Most people return to work 7 days after their procedure.
UPPER EYELID SURGERY
- The upper eyelid surgery only requires a local anaesthetic.
- The incision is made in the natural crease line that occurs 1 cm above the eyelashes.
- The incisions might extend into the crow's feet or laughter lines at the outer corners of your eyes.
- The incisions will then be closed with very fine sutures or with surgical glue.
LOWER EYELID SURGERY
- Lower eyelid surgery is usually performed under general anaesthetic.
- The incision usually starts at the outer margin of the eyelashes.
- Overlapping skin is removed.
- Again the incisions will then be closed with very fine sutures.
CHARME POLYCLINIC are specialists in Cosmetic Surgery procedures.