ABOUT NOSE RESHAPINGMany people are unhappy with the size, shape and position of their nose, so if you are feeling this way you are not alone. The nose is the central feature of the face, how it looks can determine what the face looks like overall, whether this is because it is large and dominates the face, if it is crooked and makes you self conscious, or for any other reason. Nose reshaping surgery, also known as rhinoplasty, is one of the most common cosmetic surgery procedures performed across the world, and as well as being requested for cosmetic reasons, it can also be used to correct breathing issues and to help alleviate the symptoms of sleep apnoea. Our surgeons can make your nose smaller, more prominent, slimmer, wider or smooth away unwanted lumps or bumps to help you to feel completely confident in your appearance.
Benefits of having Nose Reshaping Surgery
- Increased self-confidence from a new profile - patients often say they are happy to have photos taken of themselves with their new nose and new found confidence!
- Increased self-esteem
- Removal of a common cause of jibes and teasing
- Option of changing hairstyle - often kept long prior to surgery to "disguise" perceived 'unwelcome' features
- Harmony of appearance and correct the asymmetry of your facial features
Facts about Nose Reshaping Surgery
- Nose reshaping is the second most popular cosmetic male surgery at The Charme Polyclinic.
- The operation takes around 2 hours and is carried out under a general anesthetic.
- No visible scars can be seen.
- Our Surgeons can correct the size and shape of the nose.
- Correct minor breathing issues caused by an injury.
- Reshaping the nose can improve the appearance of the whole face
The Procedure for Nose Reshaping Surgery
- The size, shape and length of the nose can all be altered through a nose reshaping (rhinoplasty) operation.
- The scars are usually all internal and therefore not visible.
- If the nostrils are to be reduced, there will be minimal scarring which is well hidden in the nostril crease.
- The lower part of the nose is made up of cartilage and if your nose tip needs to be reduced, a part of this cartilage will be removed without visible scarring
- If your nose is deviated or bent you may be offered a septo-rhinoplasty to straighten the nose
- At consultation your Cosmetic Surgeon will examine your nose and advise you on the most appropriate procedure for you
Is Nose Reshaping Surgery right for me?CHOOSING TO HAVE NOSE RESHAPING SURGERY
There are many reasons why people choose to have nose reshaping surgery:
- Self-conscious about the size and shape of the nose, especially as it is the most central feature on the face
- Inherited characteristics that may be disproportionate to the overall shape of the face
- Accidents or sports injuries that have changed the shape, leaving unsightly bumps or flattened areas.
The final decision will be made between you and your Cosmetic Surgeon. The procedure is most suitable for those patients who are unhappy with the appearance of their nose, who are experiencing breathing difficulties or people who need help to alleviate the symptoms of sleep apnoea.
Things To ConsiderIt is important that your decision to have a Cosmetic Surgery procedure is considered carefully. There are many points that should be considered before deciding to have any type of Cosmetic Treatment or Surgery.
There are also some possible risks, as with all surgical operations, which your Cosmetic Surgeon will talk through and explain to you at your consultation, answering any questions you may have. This is your opportunity to discuss your intended surgery in order that the Cosmetic Surgeon can ascertain your expectations as to what can realistically be achieved.
Every Cosmetic Surgeon who performs nose reshaping (rhinoplasty) procedures for The Charme Polyclinic belongs to a relevant professional organisation, is fully accredited to practice as a specialist in Plastic Surgery, and has specific training and experience in Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
Our nurses advise you consider the following things before your surgery:
- Child care and post surgery activities including sleeping arrangements
- Have necessary post-operative garments
- How long will the effects of treatment keep me away from my usual activities?
- At what stage will I be able to judge the results of treatment?
- How long do the results last?
- When can I return to work?