ABOUT DIMPLE CREATIONDimples are considered a sign of beauty and prosperity and some cultures associate them with good fortune. They help to brighten up a smile and add character to the face. They are especially desired by those who have family members or friends who have naturally occurring dimples. A natural dimple is usually formed when there exists a tiny defect in the cheek muscles. The skin that overlay this small defect is stuck down to the connective tissue underlying it and creates a dimple in the skin when smiling. Luckily, this naturally occurring process can be simulated by dimple creation surgery and enhance your smile to a great effect.
Dimple Creation CandidatesDimple creation is equally effective for both men and women. You can be an excellent candidate for this procedure if:
- You want to have dimple on your cheek or chin - usually women go for having dimples on their cheeks while men prefer having it on chin.
- You are generally in good health.
- You have realistic expectations from the procedure.
Dimple Creation GoalsDimple creation surgery aims at improving your facial appearance and making your smile brighter and adding character by creating small indentation, a dimple, on your cheeks.
Pre-op PreparationDimple creation surgery is relatively simple procedure but still you need to take few steps for preparation. During the pre-op visit, our plastic surgeon will guide you what you can expect from the procedure and will give you pre-surgical instructions. Some common instructions are:
- Avoid smoking and drinking for a recommended period of time.
- Discontinue taking medications such as Aspirin, Motrin, Advil or any type of NSAIDs or fish oil at least a week before the procedure.
- Start taking arnica tablets 2-3 days before the treatment.
- Do not eat or drink anything 6 hours prior to procedure.
- Follow the prescriptions and use recommended supplements and vitamins.
Dimple Creation ProcedureThe procedure for dimple creation is very simple and easy. It is performed under local anesthesia and does not take more than 20 minutes to complete. The steps for the surgery include:
- Administration of local anesthesia.
- The surgeon will make a small, painless incision in the inside of the cheek.
- Then a small absorbable stitch will be passed across the inside of the cheek that will catch the undersurface of the skin where dimple is desired.
- This stitch will be then tied to create dimple in the overlying skin of cheek.
Dimple Creation BenefitsDimple creation surgery is a simple and short procedure and carries a lot of benefits. Some of its benefits include:
- It makes your smile and facial appearance more attractive.
- It is relatively short and painless procedure.
- It is safe and effective.
- It causes minimal swelling and bruising and there are very rare chances of infection.
- The procedure does not require downtime.
- It significantly boosts your self-esteem and confidence.
- It is reversible if desired.
Dimple Creation Recovery
- You will feel fine the day of your surgery.
- You will experience slight pain and discomfort but these symptoms will have a minimal effect and they will subside quickly.
- You will be free to eat or drink anything after surgery.
- The stitches will dissolve in about a week.
- Swelling will subside completely in few days.
- You will become able to resume your normal activities the after surgery.
- Healing period is between 7 to 10 days.