Labiaplasty for labia minora is a surgical procedure performed for large, elongated or asymmetric labia minora to reshape the labia for more aesthetic appearance and to help women experiencing twisting, tugging of labia, itching and irritation.
Ideal candidates for Labiaplasty:
1. Patient having pain and discomfort due to twisting and tugging of elongated labia minora during exercise or intercourse.
2. Itching and irritation
3. Patient concerned with their intimate are appearance and laving lack of self-confidence on sexual performance.
4. Asymmetry in labia size and shape.
5. Tear of labia after delivery.
Labiaplasty is not recommended for smokers and patient with gynecologic infection on malignant.
Labiaplasty is an out patient procedure performed under local anesthesia and sometimes under general anesthesia as per the patient and doctor.
1. The Trim Procedure: a straight amputation of the excess labial tissue parallel to the edge of the labia minora
2. The wedge V-shaped incision: in which a pie shaped piece of tissue is removed and the edges are stitched together with absorbable sutures. Here the vaginal contour of labiaminua is maintained with a small horizontal scar.
After surgery patient are given 60 minutes recovery period then discharged. Patient should have a week off from work. Complete healing is achieved 4-6 weeks after the procedure.
1. Over resection is common.
2. As per any surgical procedure there might be bleeding, hematoma, infection and healing problems.
1. Keep wound clean and dry.
2. Apply topical antibiotics.
3. Swelling and bruising are common after surgery and subside gradually within few days, ice packs and bed rest can help reducing swelling.
4. Pain killers after surgery help for mild pain and discomfort
5. Avoid using tampons during recovery period
6. Usually return to work within 2-5days.
7. Sexual intercourse is allowed after 4-6weeks
Labiaplasty procedure offers patients functional relief and aesthetic satisfaction.
Sunday to Thursday 10.00 AM – 6.00 PM
English & Arabic