During your first appointment, your teeth and gums will be evaluated and the state of your periodontal health will be diagnosed. After your periodontal health has been diagnosed, recommendations for further treatment will be made if necessary. Otherwise, you will be scheduled for a prophylaxis (cleaning). While there are many forms of periodontal disease, the most common types are gingivitis and periodontitis.
– Periodontists specialize in procedures such as deep scaling and root planing, bone graftingaround teeth and implants, laser surgery (LANAP) for the treatment of periodontitis, bone grafting at missing tooth sites and maxillary sinuses, surgical placement of dental implants,gingival (gum) grafting for recession, tooth extractions and bone grafting in conjunction with dental implant placement, biopsy and treatment of oral pathology, and much more.
– Due to the chronic nature of many periodontal conditions periodontists also provide long-term maintenance care to help keep your gums and bone, as well as the teeth and dental implants they support, healthy for the long-term. Periodontists are the only dental specialty which does not provide just episodic care, but also long-term maintenance in cooperation with your general dentist to make sure you maintain the benefits of care and control chronic oral conditions for the rest of your life
Five Warning Signs of Periodontal Disease
– Gums that bleed when you brush or floss your teeth
– Gums that are red, swollen or tender
– Infection including purulence (pus) between the teeth and gums
– Permanent teeth that are loose or separating
– Bad breath
How to prevent Periodontal Diseases
– Brush your teeth twice a day (with a fluoride toothpaste), time yourself and see how you do. An effective brushing takes 2 – 3 minutes
– Floss once a day
– Make regular visits to your dentist for a checkup and cleaning
– Eat a well-balanced diet.
– Don’t use tobacco products
Sunday to Thursday 9.00 AM – 6.00 PM
English & Arabic
© All rights reserved - www.CharmeMedical.com
How can we help you today?