Gravity weighs down on everybody, and over time, facial features tend to droop and sag. This is because the skin’s underlying support framework is steadily depleted as collagen production winds down, facial fat decreases, and muscle tone slackens. Fine lines set in, followed by wrinkles and folds. However, the most fundamental change shows up on the lower part of the face which loses the firm contour of youth and begins to appear more rectangular.
Until recently, the only way to reverse the saggy look has been the traditional surgical facelift. An invasive process which, in simplified terms, involves making cuts at strategic corners to physically pull back the skin and wrap it more snugly over the facial bone structure. This procedure involved general anesthesia and a considerable amount of downtime.
With recent advances in non-invasive techniques, we now have at hand a whole new approach – Facelift with Threads. It offers two significant advantages:
● It is less drastic, more gentle, and does not involve the scalpel.
● It actively helps rebuild the supportive structure to restore facial contour from within. As a result, it brings about steady but subtle improvement with time and reflects on the face as a refreshed look rather than a sudden change.
The procedure can be selectively applied to lift different parts of the face.
How do Thread Facelifts work?
To reverse signs of aging actively, the Facelift with Threads procedure targets the tissues that cause drooping and sagging facial features. Absorbable, single-strand medical sutures made from Polydioxanone (PDO), are inserted into the hypodermis layer of skin, wherever a gentle supportive lift is desired. The carefully configured thread system lifts facial tissue, keeps it suspended in place, and improves microcirculation. An interesting phenomenon now begins to take place.
The threads not only lift the face but also stimulate collagen synthesis around the areas of insertion, by activating the body’s healing mechanism. In a sense, turning back the clock on aging-related collagen depletion. While about it, they also induce lipolysis or fat cell death, which helps dissolve chin fat when used to lift sagging chins.
The beauty of the Thread Facelift approach is that it can micro-target specific areas, to redefine facial features with an unprecedented degree of control and finesse. The procedure leaves no traces as the pin-point incisions and the sutures are invisible.
At Charme, we craft individual treatment approaches from a wide range of thread types, each of which has a specialized structure to help us target specific areas and achieve finely defined treatment outcomes.
The dermatologist will assess your need as well as various aspects of your skin, and recommend an approach that uses a single type of thread or a combination of type:
● The basic single-strand Thread is ideal for face shape strengthening, lip contouring, and rejuvenating the area around the eyes.
● Screw Threads have a spiral structure that provides more effective support for localized lifting and internal volumizing. The structure also increases the area of contact between thread and skin, to achieve greater collagen stimulation. Screw-type Threads are exceptionally helpful with the correction of linear wrinkles and improvement of the nasolabial triangle structure.
● Barb Threads have mono-directional or bi-directional cogs that act like hooks to hold the skin when pulled. They are ideal for strengthening tissues that have already been relocated to the perfect position. Built for heavy-duty work, they are perfect for lifting the middle and lower thirds of the face. Bi-directionals are a valuable tool for face shape correction as well as for lifting the submental area and neck.
● 4D Threads have small hooks in four directions and are introduced into the skin through a cannula. The result is an incredible lift and immediate tightness around the neck and jawline.
● Silhouette Soft is a thread treatment that redefines facial contours, lifts the lower jaw, and adds volume to the cheek and cheekbones. After administering a local anesthetic, your dermatologist carefully inserts a polylactic acid (PLA) suture just below the surface of your skin. The suture is held in place by bidirectional cones, which lift and hold the skin firmly up. As the collagen support structure rebuilds itself, it takes over from the threads and cones which get absorbed over time.
What you can look forward to
● Facial features are immediately lifted, youthful contour redefined, wrinkles and lines eased away, and folds opened out. As blood circulation is pepped up, improved oxygenation brightens the skin.
● The benefits grow over time as collagen formation accelerates, making the skin more firm and plumped out, while the fat-dissolving properties of the threads reduce fat from awkward areas like the chin.
● Above all, this is a live, ongoing facelift that continues to work from the inside long after the treatment session. Delivering a definite lift of confidence.
● The process can take anywhere from twenty minutes to an hour, depending on the number of problem areas being lifted. It leaves no scars but care is required for a day. Then normal, non-strenuous activities can be resumed. It takes around 3 weeks to heal totally and for you to start looking your best.
● People with mild to moderate signs of facial aging will see the most effective rejuvenation. The results are almost instantaneous; sutures take minimal time to heal and leave no scars. The low downtime after this non-surgical facelift has earned it the label of a ‘lunchtime facelift’.
● No special preparation is required before a Thread Lift treatment. However, we recommend that you inform the dermatologist of any treatment you have already received and of any medicines you are currently taking.
● Avoid the procedure if you have an allergy or foreign-body sensitivities to plastic/biomaterial or permanent fillers. Treatment is also contraindicated in case of acute and chronic skin diseases, autoimmune diseases, sepsis, or infection.
● Do NOT get a Threads treatment, if you are under 18 years of age or/and pregnant or breastfeeding.
● Apply cold packs immediately after the procedure if required (Cold packs should be wrapped to avoid direct contact with skin and insertion point).
● Take analgesia e.g. paracetamol in case of pain (2-3 days).
● Refrain from applying make-up for as long as possible (minimum 24 hours).
● Sleep face up, in an elevated position on pillows (3-5 nights).
● Wash, shave, and dry face gently without rubbing or massaging (5 days).
● Avoid excessive face and neck movements (2 weeks).
● Avoid over-exposure to direct sunlight and do not use tanning beds (2 weeks).
● Avoid sports, in particular, high impact sports e.g. running (2 weeks).
● Do not use saunas or hammams (3 weeks).
● Avoid dental surgery (3 weeks). Avoid face and neck massages and face and neck aesthetic treatments (4 weeks).
© All rights reserved - www.CharmeMedical.com
Go Digital @ Lubnanina.com